RE: A bit off topic but.... nostalgic [Fwd: (Fwd) Ah, the old days...]

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:00:13 -0400

Too funny. They forgot to mention that the dice were of such soft plastic that the corners and edges quickly wore down rendering them next to useless. And don't get me started on the latest die thing I saw recently at a Con. D10s actually marked as the 10 die? What's the challenge of that? In my days we had to call the 10 die when rolling D100- and we liked it. Blue is tens we'd holler hopefully before actually rolling 'em. (Or more obscurely once the blue die=the tens die precendent was set-red is blue, or whatever the colour was). And remember those silly D100s? Sheesh.

Olver (proud owner of a D30 he likes to create opportunities to roll whenever he can).