Re: Canal in Prax

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:57:20 EDT

In a message dated 17/07/02 08:20:38 GMT Daylight Time, HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

<< FWIW and IIRC, Waha *angered* the river gods by digging a canal and  using it to flush Chaos out of Prax.>.

If I were Zola Fel I'd be angry about someone enthralling one of my sons, daughters or nephews to flush anything out of Prax (either by trade or by flushing), even if the thrall was a willing thrall - a rebellious teenager spirit, or perhaps a prodigal son spirit (who will be welcomed back to the proper water family when the rains come or when they don;t come for years.)

<<, Whether "increased Lunar commerce" is treated as a filthy influx of  Chaos, I leave to the reader to decide.>>

If I were a Praxian I'd say it was an anti-canal that was doing the opposite job to that which Waha intended - Smash up the treacherous canal!

No one has mentioned Ronance and his runnels - a strong contenter for irrigation canals if not navigational ones (although arguably for both)

Part of the canal through Rochdale re-opened recently so it has a real world parallel!

Keith