RE: Re: Canal in Prax

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:07:30 -0400

Andrew Solovay wrote :

>Hm... Washing the devil into the ocean would have pissed off all the
>water gods & spirits, instead of just the local river gods. (IIRC, all
>the water gods are still mad at Lankhor Mhy for throwing Tien's skull in
>the ocean.) Waha might have decided that it was safe to annoy the local
>river gods, but not the entire Water Rune Club.

I doubt he'd care much more about getting the whole bunch mad at him. In for a penny, in for a pound.

According to the Glorantha website :

http://www.glorantha.com/library/religions/cult-waha.html

"Waha cleansed the desert of the presence of the Devil. He used the earth-powers of his mother to dig a great pass through the earth, diverting a river to the place where the Devil lay. Waha ordered the river and its creatures to devour the putrid being, and the river did. When the body of the Devil was gone many souls were released from bondage, and Waha took many of these and offered them solace and protection."

I think this statement is just good PR for Waha. It seems unlikely that the body of the Devil is actually gone since the Storm Bulls are still guarding the Block to keep it there (though that could just be habit I suppose...:-)) I suspect this topic is starting to get too esoteric for this forum though.

>...or possibly, Waha actually *did* dig the canal to the ocean, but the
>ocean gods blocked it somehow? There might be a myth in there that one
>could dig up...

Maybe but I don't think so.

Oliver