Re: Dundealos Tribe (was: Defence and leaders)

From: bass_jonuk <jonsmithers_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 22:23:58 -0000

I hope this works - have modified status so hope it will!!!!

> Works for me. The nomads only gather in large numbers rarely and it
> usually takes them a while to get organized. The nomads seem to spend a
> lot of time sorting out who's the big khan. This gives the folks on the
> edge of Prax a chance to gather or make appropriate preparations.

Not so sure - I think the preprations would take place away from the front line and then a sudden surprise attack would sweep upon their enemies.

> Don't know how many Elmali there really are/were. Folks seem to like
> using them a lot.

When I say a larger proportion of elmali IMG there are two Elmali clans in the tribe (mainly because I figured there would have to be a few to form th core of the Poljoni) so I think there would be about 2% Elmali in the tribe rather than the usual 1% (I can't really explain these figures - just guestimates really) about 200 Elmali plus "normal" warriors who ride to the fight and dismount.

The Dundealos tribe might be post-Jaldon.

What make you say that? KofS says that they moved in to dragon Pass in or around 1320 or am i misunderstanding?

> > 3. Jaldon decides to finsih off the job on his way back from Tarsh. he
> > is caught between the fort defenders and the arrival of Derik Pol Joni
> > and killed.
>

> Jaldonkill has a modest writeup in the upcoming Gazeteer but your
> suppositions seem very reasonable not disagree with it.

Upcoming gazeteer? what and when?

I'm currently working on a small tale of the founding of the Dundealos, will post when ready for comments.

Jon