Re: Re: Dundealos Tribe (was: Defence and leaders)

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:51:10 -0700

bass_jonuk <jonsmithers_at_...> wrote:
> I hope this works - have modified status so hope it will!!!!
>>
>> Works for me. The nomads only gather in large numbers rarely and it
>> usually takes them a while to get organized. The nomads seem to
>> spend a lot of time sorting out who's the big khan. This gives the
>> folks on the edge of Prax a chance to gather or make appropriate
>> preparations.
>
> Not so sure - I think the preprations would take place away from the
> front line and then a sudden surprise attack would sweep upon their
> enemies.

[Speculation alert!] Quite possibly, a lot of the organization--especially the jockeying for position, seeing who's the Big Khan--would take place in the spirit world. A warchief and his shaman would spend a lot of time lining up support from important spirits. One day, every shaman in the area goes to his chief and says, "Your ancestors say, send ten warriors to Fuzzy Bison clan for a raid against the hill-people, and do it NOW". Voila, suprise attack.

*Except*... I could believe that there's an Orlanth Adventurous subcult which specializes in those very dangerous heroquests into the spirit world, and that this cult would be popular in the clans bordering on Prax. If the Orlanthi notices that the prax shamans are doing odd things--like, spending a lot of time talking to ancestors of other clans--he could try to sabotage it, or spy out their plans so the Heortlings could prepare an ambush...

Possible campaign idea?

--AMS