RE: Re: Canal in Prax

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:20:45 -0400

Peter Metcalfe (second and fourth bits to my first and third bits)

>> > Or to the Underworld, which is where the head of the Good Canal
>> > ends up IMO.

>>Hmm, I'd be more willing to accept this if there wasn't that big swamp
>>around the outlet of the canal.

>If you think that's bad, you should have seen what it was like before the
>canal.

Well there wasn't any swamp there before the river was diverted so it probably was never any bigger. Digging the canal into the Underworld would have been such a cool thing I doubt the Praxians would have left it out of their myths about the event so I still find that prospect rather unlikely. However a picture is worth a thousand words... The map of Prax from the Cults of Prax
http://www.glorantha.com/library/maps/cop-bitmap.jpg makes it fairly obvious that the terrain slopes away from the Block so if the canal entered the Underworld right there a swamp would still be possible in the lower lying areas to the southeast.

However, given a hole into the Underworld the erosion effects of the water and a huge weight why hasn't the Block dropped into the Underworld after 16 centuries of erosion. Taking the Devil, the swamp and a lot of Storm Bulls with it. Now that would be something to tell the grandkids about!

Oliver