RE: Re: Canal in Prax

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:01:57 +0100

Oliver writes:

>> If you think that [big swamp]'s bad, you should have seen what it was >> like before the canal.

> Well there wasn't any swamp there before the river was diverted so it
> probably was never any bigger.

We're not saying that pre-canal there was just a bigger swamp; more that there was a great undiluted lump of pure malevolent EVIL festering on the Plaines. Believe you me, the Devil's Swamp is an improvement on the Devil's Rotting Corpse. (Which would, incidentally, have looked great on a map!).

I wonder, in passing, whether an old First Age map of Prax would show more recognisable... Landmarks? Body parts? I wonder what the right term would be...

Cheers, Nick