RE: Re: Canal in Prax

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:00:03 -0400

Peter said :

>And my point was that compared to what was _before_ the swamp,
>things were much much worse. Hence the swamp is not evidence
>of Waha botching the job anymore than a root canal is evidence of
>a dentist botching the job.

Perfect example of how poor a platform for debate e-mail is. I obviously hadn't explained myself fully enough. My feeling had been that if Waha had provided an outlet to the ocean the remains of the Devil would be gone by now. (I think this is the key point for misunderstanding). From that viewpoint it would have been a botched job. However upon reflection I've decided that I've obviously been underestimating the immensity of the task. I'm also willing to accept that the canal drains into the Underworld. Maybe in another 16 centuries the swamp will be gone.

Oliver