RE: Re: Canal in Prax

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:04:00 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Solovay [mailto:asolovay_at_...] Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 7:14 PM
To: HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Re: Canal in Prax
Andrew Solovay :

>One other complication... We look at the physical-world, 3d-age map, see
>the ocean right over there, and say, "Why didn't Waha dig the canal to
>the ocean?"

>But is that the right geography? Waha was not a physical, human,
>contractor digging a canal with a backhoe in physical-world Prax--he was
>a Great Spirit of the Chaos Age. What was the geography like for *him*?
>Was digging a canal to the ocean was even an option?

The river did come from the Ocean during the invasion of the land. You can still trace the remains of her dry bed through Prax so I don't think this would have been impossible for him.

>As a Praxian Great Spirit, he would have very little to do with the
>Ocean. Would he even be aware that it exists? *Would* the Ocean exist,
>in the Spirit World of a Praxian Great Spirit?

Had to ignore something that borders on your reality. I doubt Praxians have much to do with the Ocean but I think it unlikely they'd be unaware of it.

>We may be thinking about this too linearly...

Perhaps.

Oliver