A bit more on Elmal

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 15:30:15 +0300 (EEST)

Hi. An interesting thread on Elmal some time back (when I was missing a net-connection, alas).

One thing puzzled me though. Is it kanon now that Elmal is missing his fire powers too?

Elmal and Yelmalio are very different gods, as we know by now. I don't see why an Elmal worshipper would lose his fire, unless he personally loses it to a troll, or other such calamity.

Elmals fire doesn't rain from the sky, like that of the Emperor, but his magic keeps the frost of the fields.

I don't like confusing Elmal/Yelmalio any more than I have to. There needs to be some differences for the recent religious uphevals in Sartar to make sense.

So I think Elmal still carries his fire, and a hero of Elmal can shoot fire from his spear (like in KoDP sometimes), as well as warm the crops.

        -Adept