The Constitution of UK

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:22:40 -0000

Kevin:
> That's interesting... Does anyone know how this relationship is
mapped? Off of the top of my head I might say
> Air-smell, Water-taste, Earth-touch, Fire-sight, and Darknesshearing.
 Or are the "five perceptions" something
> other than the five senses?

Though I don't have enough idea about it..... If you think it is important, I think simply using Google Search for Dragon Magic or Anaxial Roster p.155-166 is good for such speculation.

Five Elementals = Five Perceptions are still used in the new HW / HQ setting I guess. (For example, Triolini (Piscoi?) perceives mainly through their Lateral Line and taste, See AR p. 116-122)

BTW, my main concern is about the now "lost / gregged?" unspoken classic set link like elements and perceptions:

Below is mainly from my second guess, never official:

Element / Weapon / Gender / Perception
Darkness / Mace / Female / Hearing
Water / Trident, Net / Male / Taste
Earth / Axe / Female / Touch
Sky / Bow, Spear / Male / Sight
Lunar / Scimeter / Female / Six Sense?
Storm / Sword / Male / Smell

For Gregging, Maran Gori and Shargashi began to use mace. Oh, wait, Argan trollkins originally used spears....

Below is not simply from I was stood up last night.....

I (of course) didn't participate in GenCon / Origin this year, so i don't have enough idea about it....

> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:14:24 -0400
> From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Ernalda's fighting daughters
>
> All good folk and wise folk know that Vinga is actually the
daughter of
> Beren the Rider and Redalda Winter, and is thus the great-
granddaughter
> of Orlanth and Ernalda. She is named for her maternal grandfather,
who is
> Vingkot who was appointment King by Orlanth in his absence.
According to
> my "Lonisisaga" campaign background, at least... :)

If it is true, Vinga was Berenethtelli. (Holay?) Maybe it is merely unofficial setting...... Who wrote "Vinga Incarnation" in "the Holay" of GITHW......?

Perhaps what irritated me is that Vinga seems to hold both of the air and earth elemental affinities and attributes though she clearly holds only earth rune?....in ST setting. And Giving undue favor and spoiling the Goddess.....IMHO.

Again, above is not simply from I was stood up last night and began to hate "a sort of fighting women".....I think.

BTW, in the standard Ernaldan Morality, which is more important? Her Husband who belongs to the clan she wasn't born in? Or her brother in her former clan that she was originally born?

(Some book of Japan says Christianity induces such change from matriarchy to patriarchy.....)

TI