Re: Carmanians In Prax

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 20:34:45 +1200

>I'm about to run a mini arc involving the Carmanian settlement in
>Prax, and would be greatful for any information or links relating to the
>settlement and community, especially if they have a gaming and
>campaign focus.

AFAIK the Carmanian Farmers will be settled in the Grantlands south of Sun County. River of Cradles has the only published map of the Grantlands on p45 but doesn't give much detail about who's owning them.

One thing I should ascertain out is whether the community is either Farmers or Carmanians proper. The latter type of settlers would be a noble family equivalent to Duke Raus in behavior rather than a bunch of farmers. Farmers from Carmania are possible but they are not really Carmanians.

There's also the question of the Carmanian orientation towards the Red Goddess. Are they old time traditionalists, do they follow the new path set out by Aronius Jaranthir or are they thoroughly lunarized with an outward guise of Carmanian culture just to fit in their old home? Circumstances can be found for any type of Carmanian being in the Grantlands.

Then there's the question of whether they follow the Truth or are secret servants of the Lie (perhaps they were discovered and took a landgrant to avoid being burnt at home!).

--Peter Metcalfe