New Pelorian

From: Bo Rosén <brosen_at_...>
Date: 09 Aug 2002 10:21:55 +0200

I'm worried.

My Pavic Real City hero has learned New Pelorian to impress a certain girl from Carmania but I just saw this in G:IttHW p 91

"However, on rare occasions eloquent speakers of new Pelorian become sufficiently enlightened by the language to be lunarized, even if they have never worshipped Sedenya or her fellow deities."

Does he now run the risk of becoming a raving moon-worshipping chaos monster simply by talking to pretty girls?

I think I've come across this before, that New Pelorian is a vehicle for Lunar thought and philosophy. Is this some sort of Nysaloran effect (roll once every sacred time to see if you've become a Lunar!) similar to Illumination, not the results, just the way it works?

What is the history of the language, the "New" seems to indicate it is based on one or more older languages?

Cheers,

        Bo