Re: Bow and Orlanthi

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 15:13:49 -0000

> AFAIK, Martin Laurie or someone doubtless knows more, the long bow
is
> a self-bow. It is distinguished from other self bows by having a
100-
> 120 lbs draw instead of a 40-50 lbs draw, giving it the power to
> punch holes through chainmail.

Well, you can get 'backed' Longbows, in fact the only complete definition of a longbow I ever liked was 'a bow, that is long'... The height of the archer plus a fistmele was traditional (the fistmele is the distange from thumb-tip to the heel of the hand when making a 'thumbs up' gesture - it's also the ideal distance from bow to string when strung).

But I like and agree with the rest of what you say I'll let it go at that :-)

Wulf (I really must get my 60-pound yew longbow back out again sometime...)