RE: Re: Bow and Orlanthi

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 18:01:21 +0100

Ian wrote:

> I had no reason to break Tarsh War on this fact. In addition the
> Exiles have always has two unusual unit types for Orlanthi in the
> Dragon Pass boardgame: cavalry and archers. So there is a desire
> to keep faith with that.

Exactly so. We wanted the warfare in "Tarsh War" to be as true as possible to WB&RM. In fact, we briefly agonised over whether to include Peltasts in the Lunar force, given that this troop type doesn't appear in the WB&RM battalia. Having the "Lost Sky" be peltasts rather than the weedy light cavalry of the boardgame was a compromise position.

Peter Metcalfe wrote an excellent piece some years back about how the "Lost Sky" could have been the golden Sky Dome of the Golden Age, now mirrored in Sun Domes and beehive tombs... I hope I can find this some day, as it'd sit well with the other Elmal/Yelmalio articles on www.etyries.com.

Cheers, Nick