Re: Re: Bow and Orlanthi

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 19:36:18 +0100

On Fri, 09 Aug 2002 17:19:50 -0000, "illuminate33" <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...globe.ne.jp> wrote:

>I should remind me about the Grazers: horse nomads (Char Un,
>Pentians) and Aldryami, but their methods and directions are
>different. (Cavalry cannot use long bows over horses, so
>they have to make their bow strong....)

Cavalry of many nations used two methods, recurve bows (that throw arrows faster, and so harder) or composite construction bows.using bone, antler and sinew instead of wood. Most composites are also recurves. Stronger materials to make a stronger bow. There is one way to use a long bow from horseback, make your bow like the Japanese bows, long top limb, short bottom limb, usable from horseback or while kneeling.

Wulf