Review

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 14:57:14 +0100

Comrades!

It's nice to see such (rightly) positive comments made about In Wintertop's Shadow (and, at different times, The Four Scrolls of Revelations, The Thieves' Arm, etc). However, it would be great to see actual reviews - both to give Simon and I a better idea of what people think works well and what works less well, and also to give prospective buyers an idea of what to make of these products.

For that matter, while reviews here are great, it would be even better to see more coverage of not just UW books, but other Glorantha-related products on the wider fora, such as rpg.net. Sure, some have been posted, and all credit to those of who who have bothered to do so, but this is a good way of bringing these works to the attention of who aren't already the kind of Gloranthan devotees who make up much of this list's membership. I know that Issaries are keen to begin to build up a listing of reviews of their books, with an aim of linking them from the II website, and similarly, we would very much appreciate notice of any reviews likely to appear of our stuff.

Obviously, we all like to see good reviews of our own products, and just as obviously, any poor reviews of UW books will simply reflect the narrow prejudices and basic ignorance of the reviewer ;-) But joking apart, with so much recently out (U:ttoG, TTA, IWS, 4SoR, BA, LoP) or coming out now/soon (OiD, CC, SoP)* then it would be great both to let people know just how much support material is available for Glorantha and HW/HQ and also stimulate more discussion about it.

All the best

Mark

Mark Galeotti

OK, I'm playing silly-buggers with acronyms here: Uz: the trolls of Glorantha, The Thieves' Arm, In Wintertop's Shadow, Four Scrolls of Revelation, Barbarian Adventures, Legacy of Pavis, Orlanth is Dead, the Cults Compendium (Moon Designs), Shadows of Pavis...