RE: Re: New Pelorian

From: Bo Rosén <brosen_at_...>
Date: 12 Aug 2002 10:46:13 +0200

mĺn 2002-08-12 klockan 10.18 skrev Nick Brooke:

> However, *in-character* (as a Heortling barbarian), I would be *very*
> happy to blur this fine distinction.

Absolutely, they are notorious for their lack of understanding the simplest things. They *are* called barbarians for a reason.

> If my son started learning New Pelorian (so he could chat up the pretty
> Lunar acolytes), I would warn him off, forbid him, and then disown him.

Fortunately, my dad is off in Zebra Town and I'm in the Real City. Besides, she *isn't* Lunar, she's Carmanian. So, she's no more Lunar than the hairy hill hicks off to the west.

> Besides, what makes you think you're less likely to convert with a Lunar
> girlfriend? (I call in evidence the Kingdom of Tarsh -- converted by

Did I ever say that I was less likely to convert? Maybe she will instead.

> Speaking Lunar is *wrong*. Thinking Lunar is *wrong*. Going out with

Pretty useful in Pavis though. Try getting the troops to speak a decent language, like Pavic. They are always much easier to deal with when they can't pretend not to understand.

> Lunars, fraternising with Lunars, seeing Lunars as human beings is
> *wrong*.

I'm not fraternising with 'em [grumble]

> After all, if I'm wrong about all that, my knuckleheaded barbarian
> world-view all comes kinda unstuck, doesn't it? :-)

All Hail the Reaching Moon. (I wonder what my Kheldon and Dundealos friends will do to me know)

Cheers,

        Bo (Unrepentant Moon-lover)