Bows in Horses Tribes

From: vingo_france <vingo_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:16:41 -0000

Generally, nomads use a special rider-bow. They use a bow almost as long as the long bow, but it isn't a standard long-bow with the handle in the middle.

They are specially made for riders; the bow's handle is at a third of the bottom.
It gives the archer the possibility to use it on an horse, they are able to shoot on both sides; it is no so difficult to pass above (/cross over) the head of the horse.

Most horses riders like american indians use a *short* bow, because of the neck of their horse, but great nomads of east-europe and asia use a third-handle bow. Their armies are bow-based warriors, in this condition, their bow need long and strong shots.

The third-handle long-bow was the best way they found. Of course the use of this weapon need practice, but it is true too that shooting from an horse is given to many children. ;)

Is Horses Tribes bow different according to their tribes (Char-Un, Poljoni, Pentans and else ...) ?
Are many using short, strong, or special bow ... ?

nb: sorry for my lack of vocabulary and grammar, english isn't my

    mothertongue.

Vingo
Paris, France