Re: Another Elmal question

From: Jeff Kyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 22:42:21 -0000

Not really. I don't really see Elmal having fire powers, to be honest. More light, horses and sheer balls-y steadfastness.

> In fact, I think that there should be a 'Solar Cycle' in the rule
books ;
> similar to the Lunar Cycle, but for seasons of the year, not days
of
the week.

> So : (Season / Effect) (*)
> Sea Season *1
> Fire Season * 1.5
> Earth Season * 1
> Dark Season * 0.3
> Storm Season No Fire powers available
> Sacred Time * 0.5

I'm not sure if I'd be happy with this, myself. I'd rather not make things more complex but I can see it being a house rule. As to no fire
powers being available in Storm Season, that is not quite the case. Particularly NOW. In Heroquest, you might make a case for it but I think that the powers of Fire still existed, particularly in the Underworld.

I'm more content using the elemental supremacy table -- rock paper scissors with the elements.

Jeff