Re: Poll results: A Duck Manifesto

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:17:17 +1000

It's official. A majority of ducks would prefer their Glorantha without hoomans. I mean, they're just a bad joke inspired by comic books. How can you seriously campaign with characters who run around without beaks or feathers shouting "Cheesedip" or "Bladger, my axe"? It's Stoopid. Twagic. Waack. Let that sort of cheap laugh stay in 'Groo the Wanderer', 'Asterix', or 'Thrud the Barbarian'* where it belongs. Or keep 'em in Beast Valley and let 'em out for occasional light relief.

Tealophiles, spit out your cigars. The great, overcast day is dawning. We will meekly waddle about our ponds no more. It's time to restore the ORIGINAL vision of Glorantha, a fully feathered Glorantha fwee of the taint of hoomans.

Supplements! We need supplements! Hewo Bands! Keywords! Duck Deities! Pond life!

Will the Bwave duckish barbarians of Sartar fight off the vastly superior might of the Cranes and Geese of the dwead Lunar Empire? Who will be first to cwonicle the dwead duck riders of Pwax? The secwet myths of the dwead darkish DUz, and why dey lost dere feathers and prefer muddy water. What of the deep deep secwets of the Pond Learners? So much mystery awaits, wiggling like worms in da mud. We shall see the twuth unpolluted by stoopid hooman stories. The only propaganda will be proper-gander!

Are you weady, eager young space cadets? Wed pond Is wising!

A ducks-only Glorantha!

Do you dare return to Return to Duck Tower? Enough of repwints! We want the twuth, unpolluted by hooman lies! Lesh give the gods back dere dignity, and dere feathers. Dwead Hueymakt will lead us! Storm Bill will wage forth! Ducka Fowl will weveal the ancestral secwets. Canarda will keep our hatchings safe as we sally forth! We will force Orlanth the Twickster to give us back our wings! The Wed Sky Egg of the Lunars will never hatch! Waaaaakkkkkk!

Wakkk!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for my medication. Get back to you soon.

John

nysalor_at_...                              John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

Desperate ducks commit desperate acts!

> The following HeroWars poll is now closed. Here are the
> final results:
>

> POLL QUESTION: Stoopid soggy hoomans. Cloudscraping,
> beakless, baldfeather and woud. Vewy
> woud. Should we wegard dem as equal to
> the durulz?
>
> CHOICES AND RESULTS
> - NO. Don't be shilly, Ever sheen a nobeak on a pond?, 3 votes, 4.69%
> - We need dem for dere dwead cigars., 5 votes, 7.81%
> - Only the Duckfwiends., 6 votes, 9.38%
> - YES (mostly)., 2 votes, 3.12%
> - They is vewy soggy, worsh dan baboons., 1 votes, 1.56%
> - Dey stole our gods and took aways dere feathers!, 2 votes, 3.12%
> - Let dwead Hueymakt sort ems out., 5 votes, 7.81%
> - Some of my best fwiends are baldfeathers., 3 votes, 4.69%
> - Dey are a steady sorsh of income., 4 votes, 6.25%
> - "Waaak! Stand and delibber! Dis is a hoist! Stop laughing, I ish a dwead
bandit!", 6 votes, 9.38%
> - I's wooden want my daughter to marry won., 3 votes, 4.69%
> - Dwead Quack Fu makes ush all equals., 3 votes, 4.69%
> - All but the storm bullies., 1 votes, 1.56%
> - Dey deserve our pity, Dey cannot help who dey are., 6 votes, 9.38%
> - I hate Hoomans. Dey are a stoopid, soggy idea taken from a comic dat
wuins my enjoyment of the Lozenge. Dere are no hoomans in my Glorantha. Waaak!, 14 votes, 21.88%