Re: Heler and the Water Tribe

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:41:37 -0000

The real interesting question is what the seas *weren't salty* beforehand. Since this flies in the face of "normal" reality.

<warning, many semi-rhetorical questions follow>

Before you come up with this Magasta myth, you first need a myth for why the running waters don't draw silt and minerals out of the earth. In Ernalda that stingy? Does she have some antagonism towards the waters? If so, how do plants grow, since plants need water and soil? What great feat did the Pelorians do to get irrigation and agriculture to work?

Brolia always struck me as a place where Ernalda and the waters still didn't get along. But not all of Glorantha.

Messing with "normal reality" is a slippery slope, with lots of unintended consquences. This whole "rivers flow uphill" stuff is, IMO utter crap. Either there is gravity, or there isn't. If there is no gravity, why is Climbing a skill? I'm like Einstein, I want to to know if God had any choice in making the Universe.