Re: Re: Heler and the Water Tribe

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:59:15 -0700

morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...> wrote:

> If so, how do plants grow, since plants need
> water and soil?

...? Plants grow because Great Ernalda wanted to help her husband Orlanth form the Storm Tribe. She knew that the best way to bind a tribe together is by giving gifts. She set the example for everyone else by giving food from the earth as a gift to the gods and men of the Tribe.

What do "minerals" have to do with it? I swear, you sound like a Mostali or something...

> Messing with "normal reality" is a slippery slope...

...of course, in Glorantha you can fall *up* a slippery slope. Which brings us to

> This whole "rivers flow uphill" stuff is,
> IMO utter crap. Either there is gravity, or there isn't.

If by "gravity" you mean "a universal force of attrraction between objects, in direct proportion to the mass of the objects and in inverse proportion to the square of the distance between the objects", then, no, there *isn't* gravity in Glorantha.

Some things move down when you drop them. Some things move up. I'm sure if you heroquest, you can find out why. (Water is easy--it always moves towards Magasta's Pool, filling the void left when the Spike exploded.)