Re: Laws of Physics

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:57:16 -0000

I'm not sure that's exactly what we do. A playable gameworld is one in which the players have a good idea what effect an action might have even if they have never tried exactly that action ever before, in this context it is helpful if bows in Glorantha behave pretty much like bows in the real world as players will then have a fair idea of how they will behave within the game.

So we hold discussion on how things behave in the real world (referring to physics perhaps) with the intention that they should behave similarly within Glorantha even though applying the laws of physics themselves to Glorantha would be silly. Essentially its just a question of ensuring that the game world is not so alien as to be unplayable whilst still alien enough to be fun and interesting, so bows usually act just like terrestrial bows except when concious magic is in use (flight archery would just not be the same with Longfaring Arrow).

IMO

--
Nic