Re: Heler and the Water Tribe

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:53:17 +0100

>What about a boat on a river flowing the wrong way? Does it follow the
>flow, or follow gravity? Which seems more *normal* to you. Is the essence
>of boat to flow with the current, or to travel down hill. I'd go with the
>former -

Given that the 'purpose' of the Syphon River is to prevent stuff flowing/falling out of the Footprint, I think its a fairly safe assumption that that's what's intended in official Glorantha, too. But, of course, if you don't like the idea of a river flowing uphill, expunge it from your own Glorantha. Other people have done this with, for example, ducks, so I'm sure you'll be in good company :-)
--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic