Re: Heler and the Water Tribe

From: jeffkyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:38:57 -0000

God didn't make the universe. Its many choices and all mutually exclusive and conflicting. Eventually you get a compromise...

> If gravity on Glorantha *did* follow our universe's physical laws,
> people wouldn't be attracted "downwards". They'd be attracted
towards
> the Lozenge's centre of mass, which is presumably in the area of
> Magasta's Pool. Heortlings who didn't hang on tightly would
therefore
> all "fall" southwards until they landed in the Ocean with a loud
> splash... ;-)
>
> Stephen
> (Maybe this explains why most invasions of Dragon Pass come from the
> north: they've got further to fall up there)

Nope. They come to a rest in the middle of the earth - read the description of what happens if you jump into Hellcrack.

"gravity" does not come to a point, it comes to a "plane"

Jeff