Re: Shrines and Temples

From: bass_jonuk <jonsmithers_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:27:58 -0000

IMO the only factor in temple building is the resources to build it. A rich devotee could build a temple of divine grace and beauty but if no one went there to worship; its power, for rituals and heroquests and the like, would be minimal.
Conversely a holy site could be a regular place of worship with many people going there all the time. It might not look good, architecturally speaking, but it is powerful. I think the the Hill of Orlanth Victorious may fall into this category. Also am I right in thinking that to gain divine feats, etc requires crossing to the god world to earn them. If so those holy places with many worshippers willing you on to success will give you a better chance - although if they don't know you they may not care. It's a tricky old world out there.
Jon