Re: Re: Orlanth is Dead! question

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:58:29 -0400

At 04:32 PM 8/23/2002 +0000, jeffkyer wrote:

>Season
> > >subcults."
>deity?
>Combat

> > >No. He has 'initiate of orlanth' on his character sheet. That being
> > >said, I'd say that's a time to switch cults, at least for the
> > >duration.
> >
> > Wheee! If this thread goes on for very long, we'll all have
> > carpal tunnel syndrome from scrolling....
> > Anyway, my understanding is that an initiate of Heler
> > Helamakt would be unaffected by the situation. A worshipper of
> > Orlanth Thunderous Helamakt could potentially convert to Heler
> > worship for the duration (although at a fairly substantial loss of
> > ability, since some of the affinities would be lost).
> >
> > Peter Larsen
>
>However, it notes that Drogarsi and Skovara subcults of Donadar lose
>their powers and that no subcults of Orlath and Ernalda can be
>contacted.
>
>I could make a case that you lose even the shared subcults.
>
>Jeff

However, Rigsdal, Heler Helamakt, and Issaries Harst are not specified not to have magic.

Vinga is not mentioned explicitly on p. 43, but I guess that there is no Vinga magic by virtue of not being mentioned as a Deity With Magic. I assume similar results for Asrelia and Ty Kora Tek, Babeester Gor, Minlister, and Nandan.

Donandar is different from other sharers of subcults in that the subcults are worshipped in addition to, not "under", Donandar (this is a quick and dirty explanation; please read Donandar's description before correcting me).

My interpretation is that shared subcults of other deities that don't act like Donandar are immune to the Wind Stop. Therefore, Rigsdal, Heler Helamakt, and Issaries Harst have magic.

My question is: How did Maran manage to be exempted from the Wind Stop when everyone else in the family tree on p. ST201 is affected (Gata excepted of course)?

If I ever run this time period, I will probably exempt Asrelia and Ty Kora Tek to match Maran's exception, and I will consider exempting the separate Esrolia worshipped in Esrola.

Thanks,
Andy