Re: Digest Number 975

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 17:51:13 +0100

Andrew Dawson:

>However, Rigsdal, Heler Helamakt, and Issaries Harst are not specified not
>to have magic.
>
>Vinga is not mentioned explicitly on p. 43, but I guess that there is no
>Vinga magic by virtue of not being mentioned as a Deity With Magic. I
>assume similar results for Asrelia and Ty Kora Tek, Babeester Gor,
>Minlister, and Nandan.

Minlister and Nandan should be affected, IMO, for the reasons I gave in my previous post. Vinga, Asrelia/Ty Kora Tek and Babeester Gor should not be, as these are clearly not subcults. I'd take the proscription of "Orlanth, Ernalda or their subcults" as the over-riding consideration, and assume that any full cult not listed in OiD as either having magic, or as having no magic, in fact *does* have magic.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic