Re: Orlanth is Dead! question

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:07:59 +0200

Trotsky :

> > I am surprised at this. I thought my list was pretty clear in
> > listing who still has magic from among the normal player cults.

> The problem being that the statement 'cults and subcults of Orlanth
> and Ernalda' as being those which lose their magic also looks
> pretty clear - and its far from apparent that Vinga falls under
> this description.

> > Vinga ain't on it. She
> > is a daughter of Orlanth and Ernalda, in most cases. Barntar
> > doesn't get to keep his magic. Nor his sister.

> That's certainly a valid interpretation of what's written (and
> obviously, now that we know, it's the 'correct' one), but not the
> only one.

Wellll ; the way * I'd * play it (having a hard time convincing my group, now that I live near them again, to try HW/HQ : sigh !! ), would be to remember that there are myths about Vinga being alive when Orlanth was Dead! back in Godtime : and let individual Vingans Quest to get back into that situation personally ...

Julian Lord