RE: Re: Re: Uroxi sense Chaos-tainted/marked ?

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:56:56 -0400

Wesley said:

>If your king points to you and says
>"make him talk" then you are perfectly safe.

I don't agree. That's pretty much the same thing as the Nazi defense after WWII, "I was only following orders." I don't think being ordered to do something absolves you of the consequences of the act. If your leader orders you to commit chaotic acts and you do so the intent with which you do them probably determines whether you're tainted or not.

I believe there was some mention back in the Digest on the topic of rape as to there being circumstances where it was less horrific than others, i.e. warfare. Soldiers could get a blanket absolution to commit acts they would normally be prosecuted for. Yet they could still become tainted as someone mentioned about the Char-Un for "going overboard" and raping other than in the aftermath of a battle. Basically its "Okay to kill and rape" in the heat of battle but wrong to do them as a hobby.

I have real problems with torture since it's inherently a useless practise. Someone under torture can say pretty much anything to get it to stop. We know its not chaotic but it's certainly evil. I suspect it always taints an individual who practises it. Is it just that excessive use, i.e. roasting feet over fire, etc., that's evil or even the roughing people up police used to be stereotyped as doing? Like any act there's probably a line to cross from a necessary evil to a real evil and it's probably the feelings people get from committing the act and the circumstances.

Oliver