Re: Animist numbers

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:29:23 -0000

> >But this doesn't fit with Sedrosa, unless the women can change from
> >theists to animists after they're finished with family life.
>
> I think you are imposing the RuneQuestims much too strongly here.
> I do not believe that initiates to the Earth Witch have to be
> "finished with family life" before they can worship Sedrosa. For
> a start, only Ty Kora Tek initiates had to be past the age of 50
> and there is nothing for Asrelia (save for a exorbitant wealth
> requirement that's inappropriate for the Earth Witch).

Hmm... I was working from the writeup on Trotsky's page, which I think says 'over40' or 'post-menopausal', maybe I'm mistaken (or he is), but I had thought it applied.

> I do think it perfectly plausible for a young women to be
disaffected
> with Orlanthi social life (perhaps her family was wiped out in a
> clan feud)

How about killed off in the Boar Hunt? Not to mention what they did to HER...

>and start talking to the stones and otherwise worshipping
> Sedrosa. Thus she would be an animist from the start and this is
> how most earth witches begin...

As was pointed out, my three female characters have become the Maiden, Mother and Crone... although two are theists... but I'm damned sure they'll not end up in the Diskworld!

Wulf