RE: Re: Uroxi sense Chaos-tainted/marked ?

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:46:30 -0400

Morgan asks :

>So why does Vinga have such a strong "resist it" component? Seems
>like it is not needed nor relevant.

Ooh, good question. Possible answers, 1) It's a holdover from an earlier period (though this doesn't work very well-why does she still bother emphasizing it then?); 2) Men going wrong are still fairly prelavent in Heortling society despite the strong taboos. Can't say I like this one much better. All those good intentions, proper role models and relatively liberal sexual mores doesn't help?; 3) Blame it on the foreigners. She wouldn't need it if it wasn't for those damn foreigners. Maybe.; and 4) (My favorite) She hates it so much that despite it's rarity that her followers are always prepared for retaliation. This would be my choice for explanation. (I guess this is still the same as reason one but here it's gone from an archaic holdout to a cherished and deep felt belief).

Oliver