RE: Chaos: culturally relative? (was Re: Uroxi sense Chaos-tainted/marked ?)

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:21:04 -0700

morganconrad <mailto:morganconrad_at_...> wrote:
> Trying to keep it short and relevant.
>
> 2. Comparisons of Heortling morals to RW morals are nearly
> meaningless. Heortlings have met their god, and religion is tightly
> integrated into all aspects of life.

FWIW, YMMV: I have met my God. This past Sunday, I enacted the "Christ Triumphs Over Death" heroquest, and drank his blood. (And nevertheless, I don't find that I keep the teachings of my God particularly well...)

You are free to roll your eyes at my superstition--and for that matter, a Mostali rolls his eyes in just that way at the superstitious Heortling who claims that he "met Orlanth" when the Mostali knows perfectly well that the Heortling just went onto a hill and talked to a priest wearing a fancy get-up.