Re: Uroxi sense Chaos-tainted/marked ?

From: andyhoward39 <ahoward39_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:13:19 -0000

But aren't the cultural customs generally derived from myth, and thus possessed of ritual significance? I'll ramble further...

Some cultures might be more resistant to certain forms of chaos, due to their customs. They've learned, through the actions of their cultural heroes, how to deal with the threat, even if its just a case of making water into tea or beer before drinking it. However, in other instances this could be misleading.

The cultures who deal with chaos by giving it a place in their customs (rape, secret murder, torture, keeping huge demon bats, etc), even if only to be used against their enemies, probably do appear to avoid the immediate and obvious consequences of their deeds. I'd reckon their soldiers are less likely to turn into broos, at least in the short term, because the crime is no longer one of individual chaos.

Whilst that culture may find the rape of enemy women (for instance) acceptable, the greater cosmos does not. So although the crime may be diffused through the tribe, or nation, rather than focused on the individual, its still there - just less noticeable. So the culture degenerates and becomes corrupted and chaotic, rather than its members. Of course, this would take much longer than the brooification of an individual.

Andy