Re: One more chaotic question

From: andyhoward39 <ahoward39_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:29:45 -0000

IMO yes, regardless of whether the culture approves. Its a sorcerous form of vampirism, and thus to be equated with rape, secret murder and the other evils afflicting Glorantha. However, to expand on my previous point, the consequences of tapping would vary depending on the individual and his culture.

A character whose sect prohibits tapping, but who goes ahead and taps anyway, is committing a chaotic act and suffers the consequences personally.

A character whose sect allows tapping in some form, such as the Secret Register of Boristi, wouldn't necessarily suffer the consequences of this personally or directly. However, his order, condemned by the morality of the world (ie: mine, as narrator), would be corrupted by chaos. However, because the consequences are spread amongst a community (including presumably non-Tappers who nevertheless support the practice) they might not be as immediately apparent.

Andy

I have my own opinions, strongly held opinions, but I don't always agree with them.