Re: Re: The new temple

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 09:16:50 -0700

> > Would I be correct in thinking that the new Lunar temple is being
> > built on old Dundealos land?
> > If so could explain extreme measures taken against them????
> > Or was that just I'm big your not.

> They were made an example to others. The rather extreme fate of the
> Dundalos quieted the rebellious Quivini remarkably. This is as Fazzur
> expected. The temple's site may be conicidence.

The location of the temple is dictated more by Magic than by Politics. The Lunars discovered a vast, untapped magical area that just happened to fit their needs for a new Temple of the RM. This just happens to be in Dundealos territory. The tribe isn't being singled out for punishment (any more than they have been), but it's like gold (or, in more modern times, Oil) being discovered in Indian territory (that would be "Indiginous Native American" Indian, not "Subcontinent of Asia" Indian).

Its *not* a coincindence that a Dragon just happens to rise up and eat the temple and its dancing attendants, since the dragon was the source of the magical energy in the first place...

What, exactly, the "magical energy" was and how it would be used is something we haven't seen yet, but this level of magic is akin to raising Hoover Dam or digging the Panama Canal - this is vast, incomprehensible magic used by Nations, not a simple feat or single sorcerous spell.

Roderick