Re: Real-world heroquesting...

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 00:01:20 -0400

I found this a lot more on topic than several posts I've seen on the two lists regarding Knights of the Dinner Table, the Red Green Show, South Park, etc. I found the article slanted and simplistic, but some of it--the parts up to, but not including, "America As A Prop"--I found useful for a Hero Wars game and I'm going to forward it to my players. For heroquesting purposes, it covers casting an opponent in a mythic role and talks about something I interpret about how a hero externalizes a certain solipsism in a heroquest (something I will not pursue further outside of the 'Digest), but it fails to mention how the opponent can reinforce the action of being cast in that role. The section "The nature of fantasy ideology" also has something to say about certain GMing and interaction styles.

Thanks,
Andy