Re: Lightning Knights

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 11:09:32 +1200

Wesley wrote:

>G:IttHW says that King Kocholang of Lankst has a band of "Lightning
>Knights". Do people look at these as western style knights or are
>they mounted huscarls?

The knights, I think, are Orlanthi warriors. Although one can make a case for them for being western knights from Otkorion as reward for the gift of Sigolf Cloudcrusher. Whatever suits you best.

>Or are they mounted at all - looking at the Ralian tendancy not to
>ride to avoid Galanani problems?

The Orlanthi of Lankst have no problem with riding horses, only the Orlanthi of the east wilds do. The Lanksti are descended from Dawn Age immigrants from Dorastor and beyond.

--Peter Metcalfe