Re: Aldryami writers, anyone?

From: giangero <giangero_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:33:12 -0000

I don't know.
It's like a sort of racism:
elves are so anthipatic in other RPGs that no one tries to make them fine (as Uz and to a lesser extent Mostali) in Glorantha.

But the relationship between Aldryami and other races, at last, results to me fascinating (a part from the Big Rubble).

Wouldn't be funny to have the players meet a group of Aldryami or be involved in an aldryami ceremony (not a slashing ceremony or a grove defense battle like in Elder Secrets).

A botanic sage could write:
"Aldryami are poetic, solidaristic (among themselves), contemplative, armonious beings. Is it possible that most relations with them , in known Glorantha, are ostile and antagonistic? Other races are not so misunderstood. We trade with Uz and Mostali and even enrole Dragonewt mercenaries. But we rarely treat with the plant-beings on equal terms. We cut their woods, burn their houses, eat their children, kill their deities. Why don't we try and strike a bargain with them and obtain the great resources of the forest through exchange instead of violence? There is always another path in the jungle..."

Ciao,
Gian (feeling vegetal-lover, being enthralled by a thriving small plant in his lonesome office)