Re: Aldryami writers, anyone?

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:34:20 -0000

Agree that playing an actual elf is tough. I don't think it's nearly as alien/impossible as some of you are implying, and I don't see trolls as any easier, but still tough. One idea is the elvish merchant - presumably the elves trade with the outsiders? Selling fine wine perhaps?

Human PC Yelmalians could serve as trainers for these young, adolescent, very weird young elves. We had lots of fun with that.

One of my PCs is a human orphan, daughter of human merchants who traded with the elves, whose parents were killed by a troll raid, and she was brought up by the elves. A bit of a stretch, but worked o.k.