Re: Re: Aldryami writers, anyone?

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:43:11 -0700

morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...> wrote:

> One of my PCs is a human orphan, daughter of human merchants who
> traded with the elves, whose parents were killed by a troll raid, and
> she was brought up by the elves. A bit of a stretch, but worked o.k.

Perfectly plausible. IIRC, Arkat was raised by elves. (And look how well *that* turned out...)

Another possibility, off the top of my head (and speaking of Arkat)... Nysalor is venerated by the Aldryami. Perhaps--*perhaps*--an Aldryan who gets Illuminated is freed from the false choice between individualism and collectivism (just like he's freed from the false choice between Chaos and Cosmos)--he's able to be an individual with his own goals and desires while remaining part of the forest collective. That would be a plausible option for a non-psycho PC Aldryan.

But the danger, as always, is Gbaji--having been freed to be an individual within the collective, he might end up subverting the forest collective to his own goals and desires. The Forest might be suceptible to subversion by a strong-willed, enlightened Elf with his own agenda. The result could be a green Stalin...

Just speculating, of course. (And let me say how glad I am that Uz have no patience with Nysalor. "Oh, I see. He's a Light god *and* a Chaos god. Sounds delightful.")

--AMS