Re: Re: Aldryami writers, anyone?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 22:42:55 +0100

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:34:20 -0000, "morganconrad" <morganconrad_at_...> wrote:

>Agree that playing an actual elf is tough. I don't think it's nearly
>as alien/impossible as some of you are implying, and I don't see
>trolls as any easier, but still tough. One idea is the elvish
>merchant - presumably the elves trade with the outsiders? Selling
>fine wine perhaps?

back in RQ, our campaign was Aldryami biased, and many of the PCs were Aldryami. Not, however, anything like Aldryami as they have been portrayed in HW...

Nonetheless, we have converted them to Human Heortlings and maintained the Aldryami connection through the clan and individual relationships. One of my PCs has a follower (her daughter) who's a worshipper of Overdruva - and if you allow Overdruvan worshippers, you are implicitly allowing characters and so players to relate to Aldryami.

We get elves popping in for a visit all the time...

Wulf