Re: Bow and Orlanthi

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 00:57:56 +0200

David :

> Last month, Greg wrote:
>
> > I know that in my Glorantha the only native long bow users are the
> > Rathori of Fronela.
>
> Sandy Petersen once said that the longbow was found only in two
> regions: Fronela and Umathela. I find this very plausible. (And
> Umathela is out of the way enough that I'm hoping you simply forgot
> about it.)

The Dragonewts use longbows.

The Vorumai most probably have some form of longbow, and I agree that the Umathelan longbow theory has some merit, albeit a marginal one : erm, I seem to remember once having found a firm reference to another Genertelan (human) culture using the longbow, but can't for the life of me remember which (the Kingdom of War uses them, of course, but that doesn't count).

Julian Lord