Re: Re: Aldryami writers, anyone?

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 02:46:37 +0300

Andrew Solovay wrote:

> Chaos and Cosmos)--he's able to be an individual with his own goals and
> desires while remaining part of the forest collective. That would be a
> plausible option for a non-psycho PC Aldryan.

Though at some point the question sets in whether or not the forest collective would "purge" the deviant.

On the plus side, stealing an idea from CJ Cherryh's book on the Majat (?_Serpent Swarm_?), the collective can always deliberately drive some of its members "mad" in a way that they can interact with humans without endangering the group as a whole. Of course, "madness" by human terms may not be applicable -- though that's just extra roleplay fun, IMO.

> Just speculating, of course. (And let me say how glad I am that Uz have
> no patience with Nysalor. "Oh, I see. He's a Light god *and* a Chaos
> god. Sounds delightful.")

Aw, hell, they're two great tastes that taste great together! Kinda like broo-and-Vingan s'mores, really.

And all this elf guff trully suggests "Kill a Kre Uru for Karrg" as a motto for cafepress (fer us rednek uz, yer).