Re: Karandoli

From: bwbfc_at_...
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 00:53:51 +0200

Jane Williams:
> There's a theory that the place the Karandoli went to was Pavis. Look
> at the history of the place, you have the Badside settlement being
> formed, by Sartar, at just about the right date. Sorry, don't have the
> references to hand, but one of the sample invocations of Issaruies in
> KoS has someone in Pavis declaring himself to be a mamaber of the
> Karandoli, too. Then all Argrath has to do is bring back the clan from
> Pavis.

I certiainly was worrying that he would have to bring the whole can black from the Otherside. Didn't occur to me he would instead bring said clan from the Badside!

> (In fact, I relied on this theory for some bits of the Secret
> History of Sun County, not that that gives it any oficial status of
> course, should that worry you for some reason).
> http://www.williams.nildram.co.uk/gloranth/suncount/begin.htm may help

This helps. Enlightening :)

> It may also be worth looking at the place where the vanished
> happened: again, don't have references to hand, but wasn't it right
> next to the Seven Sisters or some such name? Their magical powers were
> described in one of the Troll supplements, I think?

According to "The Haunted Ruins", the "bee-headed" sister with a rock at the top, where the Karandoli met the Blue Wolf, appears to be some kind of local animal-headed spirit. I thinkl this may strengthen some potential spirit-worldly origin of the beast.

> Like the Blue Wolf/Telmori link!
> Didn't one of the Argraths declare war on the Telmori shortly after
> the "bring back the Karandoli" incident? Maybe there's a connection?

In Argrath's Saga part 3, Argrath proabably dragged the Telmori into the night through their dreams or somesuch. A nice possible connection. Maybe Argrath forced the Telmori into the part of the Blue Wolf, or naybe somehow used his Blue Wolf wyter's magic to hunt them down, or both.

Thank you for your tips!
(Now I'm going to sleep.)

Jerome