Re: Travels of Biturian Varosh question

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 00:45:36 -0000

Peter writes:

>It's hardly new having appeared back in ye olde Cults of Praxe p109.

I don't know to which "olde Cults of Prax" you refer, but I sure don't remember that whole section (my CoP is on extended loan), and it ain't in the original web site,

http://www.glorantha.com/library/world/cop-biturian.html.

Was it some PC thing added by Avalon Hill to the 3rd edition?

While it's true that Athenians, the USA, etc. kept slaves, nobody would argue that their philosopy is one of "we are all slaves". Your argument there is meaningless. Please cite me the reference where "we are all slaves" is a key concept of Lunar or Dara Happan philosophy. I can accept "We must serve the Emperor" but that is nowhere close to "we are all slaves".

I sure hope this isn't some new "discovery" by Greg.