Re: RE: Travels of Biturian Varosh question

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 21:33:50 +1200

At 06:25 AM 9/21/02 +0000, you wrote:

>I know I'm way overreacting, but all you guys transforming a new
>agey mock-Lunar "we are slaves to our desires, let's all assume the
>Lotus position and chant OM" into "we are all *literal* slaves,
>start rowing" is completely off base, so far off that I can't even
>begin to argue it.

Nobody is saying that Lunars believe that everybody is literally a slave. The original statement was about how the Lunars _justify_ their use of _slaves_.

         [Slavery] fit well into their philosophical beliefs that all
         living beings are slaves and they were always quick
         to exploit such _symbolism_ _when it suited their needs_
         [Emphasis mine - PHM]
                         Cults of Prax: p109.

>Would you claim that Orlanth strongly approves of Murder (and the
>dreaded chaotic R*** word, to bring in a recent thread), that
>everybody deserves to be a victim, since "violence is always an
>option"? Come on, nobody would make that leap of illogic, so why
>apply it to the Lunars?

Because the Lunars are Lunatics.

--Peter Metcalfe