Re: Re: Travels of Biturian Varosh

From: eD wALLACE <edward_l_wallace_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 23:20:22 -0700 (PDT)

 eD wALLACE wrote:
Please allow me to correct the garbled portions.

The philosophy of the Lunars, in those days, was more along the lines of we won the war and you are a conquered people, including rape, pillage (sack of cities), and slavery. People simply accepted the fact without question. After Starbrow's Rebellion, hundreds (thousands?) of people were rounded up and exiled to Prax, simply because the conquerers could. I believe the accepted Lunar philosophy was Might makes Right. A simple philosophy that could easily be accepted in the days of the Viet Nam war, civil protests against the war, Black and White Panthers, SDS, etc.

In short, the times were different, and Glorantha was accepted as a world WE could relate to. To try and completely reconcile those relatively simplier times with todays reasons for everything probably can't be explained. And trying to is what probably created the so-called Gregged process.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT