RE: Visual Inspiration

From: Dano <doggydan_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:58:58 +0100

 I'd agree wi' James "Time Bandits" is perfect. Tsui Harks' "Blade", though set in China, is good Humakti & Gagarthi material. Or for invoking your god, "Close encounters of a spooky kind"- superb.

On a comics bent, Mike MacMahons' "Slaine" is perfect- forget Simon Bisleys' version, those are Orlanthis- dirty, uncouth, and with bad haircuts. The Coffin (a Hellboy strip) was so good I ripped it off- the baby was a (pre-teen) players' brother, so him and his friends went on a small HQ to bring him back.

And the ONLY good picture I've seen of an Adryami is Geoff Taylors cover for Holdstocks' "The Bone Forest" (it was used on the cover of Interzone 45).